Monday, March 24, 2014

Additional Parking in Rear

Well, I've made it through the Ultimate Invasion of Privacy.  Let me tell you, if you've never had one, the difficulty isn't in the procedure itself, it's the not eating for FORTY-EIGHT of the longest hours of your entire life before it.  I can't tell you how many times I found myself standing in front of the refrigerator before I remembered I couldn't eat anything out of it.  This afternoon I got up from the couch too fast and got dizzy just in time to knock over the (very full) garbage can.  I think I was starving, but it did give me a new appreciation for folks who do actually go hungry on a frequent basis.  It makes me glad I feed homeless people.  You can't eat anything except Jello.  Sunday I was so hungry I ate 4 of those little snack-pack jello's in rapid succession... and they were heavenly.  Preservatives and chemicals be hanged.  Right after the procedure today Dallas took us to dinner at Tijuana Flats, and never before have there been more delicious tacos.

As far as the Thing itself, all is well and I have some very pretty pictures of my colon, should you ever desire to see them.  The nurse was very friendly and efficient, the doctor appeared to be quite capable, and the anesthesiologist had some very lovely drugs.  Of course, I can't speak for whatever they did after I was out.  For all I know they could have shoved balloons up my rear and had me blow them up for a party.  But who knows, I wasn't there for that.  It's like when it's time to get the epidural when you go to have the baby:  you're in so much pain that you don't care how long that needle is, or where they intend to put it.  If they insist that they must pull an elephant through your left nostril, you eagerly anticipate the elephant.  And once you've got that nice floaty feeling, you will agree to anything as long as the epidural man keeps coming back; you don't care if he's cute or not.

On a completely different note, my Adventures in Cooking are moving right along.  I've made some truly wonderful Ghiradelli brownies, puffed millet bars that everybody loved, some Green Curry Lettuce Wraps, strawberry freezer jam, some astoundingly atrocious-colored vegetable soup that actually tasted pretty good, even if it did look like vomit, a lovely Tuscan Sausage and Swiss Chard soup, and some butternut squash that even Eli said was wonderful.  And if you can get an 8-year-old to eat butternut squash, you've succeeded in life.  I'm actually enjoying the cooking even though it really does take a heck of a lot longer when you use nothing out of a package.  I'm getting ahead though, by making extras of things, like cooked black beans, boiled shredded chicken, cooked ground beef, etc., and freezing it to make the next things I cook a little easier.

Well, I'm off to the next thing -- tagging outgrown clothes for a consignment sale.  They're due tomorrow.  I've tagged nothing.  You can judge me, go ahead.  I put the PRO in procrastination, folks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's my girl!

Post a Comment